Business Development Manager
Salary:£50000 - £60000 + OTE
Looking for a new move in your career? Be part of an award-winning, independent, research company providing data and intelligence to the financial industry. Investment professionals use our online products to obtain key information for business-critical decision-making. Our clients include fund managers, legal firms, institutional investors, financial advisor’s and placement agents, we care passionately about our customers, brand and the employees that make it all happen.
We are looking for a highly motivated sales professional to assist in the creation of new relationships within a determined market segment. You will be responsible for identifying, developing, and closing new subscription agreements with prospective customers. The role requires business development professionals to successfully bring new clients onto the platform while developing a new business pipeline and meeting or exceeding monthly net sales quotas and quarterly milestone goals.
You will have the opportunity to pursue and cultivate a rewarding sales career with an industry leader during our important stage of growth. As a business development professional, you will have the ability to make an immediate sales impact and to develop a strong pipeline of new business opportunities within a set sales territory. Based on revenue generation, exemplary behaviour, and strong organizational skills you will have the opportunity to develop a successful career.
- Develop pipeline of new business opportunities within a defined sales territory
- Work collaboratively within a team sales environment to ensure net growth figures are met or exceeded on a monthly basis.
- Provide perspective new business clients with an understanding of our products and offerings while developing new, relationships with key stake holders at each firm. This is executed by garnering a deep understanding of client’s business models and needs in order to provide solution(s) that will add value to their business objectives
- Manage the sales process from beginning to end. This includes securing introductions with decision makers while also providing support to users across all departments and divisions on potential new clients.
- Occasional travel to client sites/events/conferences within territory (travel up to 30%)
- Provide clients and prospects with detailed proposals, product demonstrations, and consultations (in person or via phone)
- Accurately report internal administration: CRM activity log, sales pipeline forecasting, monthly reports to management, renewal planning and proposal preparation
- Build a strong working knowledge of competitive intelligence space and product positioning
- Develop product knowledge, technical, and alternative investment market knowledge
- Present the company products and services to clients, peers, and management as it relates to performance and planning
- Collaborate with colleagues and internal departments to achieve underlying fundamental firm objectives and goals
- Meet and exceed sales KPI metrics for emails, calls, meetings and demonstrations
- Pass CAIA fundamentals within 60-days
- Provide actionable customer feedback to key stakeholders including, but not limited to, marketing, product development and research
- At least 2-3 years of sales and / or account management experience (in a similar discipline preferred: financial services, alternative investments, business to business SaaS sales, solution selling)
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication
- Proven track record in hitting quota and retention targets
- Organized, detail-oriented with the ability to prioritize and respond quickly
- Negotiation skills as it relates to renewal up sells, cross-selling, and additional product add-ons
- Highly proficient in MS Office Suite and CRM systems. Experience with Sales force is preferred
- Working knowledge of the financial market data space, alternative assets, and financial services industries
- Sales motivated, team-focused attitude, and willingness to collaborate with peers, product management, and internal key constituents at the firm
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business or related field required
- Subsidised Private Medical Insurance via Vitality Health
- Interest-free season ticket loans on completion of probation (which is normally 3 months).
- Pension plan
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Study support
- City of London Office with complimentary on-site fitness facilities (gym, fitness classes and swimming pool)
- Company-sponsored sports teams.
- Fruit baskets in the office twice a week
- Winter and summer office parties and a company-funded team social budget.
Location: London / RemoteBack