Head of Purchasing
Salary:£60000 - £65000
Looking to grow your career in technology? Our client is hiring for a fantastic opportunity where no two days are ever the same.
Do you want to be solving challenges, creating service improvements and making a difference to a business that has ambitious growth plans? They want to grow by being the very best at what they do, with delighted customers and amazing service that can help them to achieve their ambitious growth objectives. And they need your help.
What you’ll be doing:
The successful candidate will take overall ownership of the buying function.
Helping to create and develop relationships as well as delivering savings and efficiencies for the business. The ideal candidate will be a forward thinking and proactive individual with abundant energy and a willingness to drive change. Strong negotiation skills, relationship building and an innovative approach to working with suppliers and vendors will be key skills.
The role will require a strong commercial background with the ability to build and manage a team of buyers that can source internationally across a wide and diverse range of technical products.
The role will be based in Northwich in Cheshire, supporting our London, France & German locations. The role will require ad-hoc travel (Worldwide) to engage and develop key relationships.
- Liaising and negotiating with existing and new vendors/suppliers.
- Building and maintaining strategic partnerships with suppliers and vendors.
- Managing our ecosystem of suppliers and providing reporting on vendor performance.
- Assisting in the management of supplier catalogues.
- Reducing costs, improving value.
- Managing commercial terms with suppliers including approval of contracts.
- Developing a continuous improvement policy across existing and new business activities.
- Setting, measuring and reporting on KPI’s.
- Liaise with Account Management on pre and post sales.
- Create a supplier knowledge base.
- Maintaining data and records in systems.
- Helping to develop new systems and working practices.
- Help to drive and increase profitability.
- Placing Purchase Orders.
- Expediting Purchase Orders.
- Help to achieve SLA’s.
- Forecasting and reporting on product trends and pricing analysis
- Attending supplier meetings, events and customer meetings where required.
- Adding value to the Sales Team and Customer base
- Managing and reporting on vendor incentives and opportunities.
- Provide analytics to the management team on a regular basis.
Your skills and experience:
- IT Channel.
- Channel Management.
- Understanding of licensing.
- Distribution/reseller background.
- Education should be to a degree level and CIPS preferred but not essential.
- Experience of Microsoft Dynamics NAV preferred but not essential.
What’s in it for you?
- A fast-paced and fun working environment
- Workplace pension after 3 months service
- Company health cash plan
- 30 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Your birthday off
- Free on-site parking at the Cheshire office
- Training and development
If this sounds like an opportunity with your name written all over it, then don’t hesitate to apply today!Back