Information Security Analyst – MSP
Salary:£40000 - £50000
Our client is a global IT company with a difference. their ratio of technicians to office staff is 4:1, significantly above any peers. Each specialist is highly qualified in their field. This enables them to be ideally placed to provide full lifecycle support for multi-vendor IT estates – from design, governance, and inventory management, to full outsourcing with managed services tailored to your exact needs.
As a growing global IT Managed Services company, our client are seeking to recruit a talented Security Operations Analyst to join a new security division within their small but dynamic and results-driven team. They are looking for someone who is proactive and passionate about security with excellent knowledge of modern security threats and offensive security techniques.
The key responsibilities for the role are:
70% Monitoring and Operations
- Perform real-time proactive security monitoring, detection and response to security events and incidents within the Creative ITC Network
- Conduct thorough investigation of security events generated by our detection mechanisms such as SIEM, IDS/IPS, AV
- Manage any 3rd party security services including the SIEM.
- Utilise advanced network and host forensic tools to triage and scope an incident.
- Categorise the events and raise necessary incidents after thorough quality check of the event.
- Work closely with L2 and L3 NOC Support and provide adequate information required for resolution on security related tickets.
- Collaborates with key stakeholders concerning Governance, Risks, and Controls as a member of our ISMS committee.
- Provide Security insights and input to senior stakeholders around new strategy ideas.
- Manage our external partner providing our SIEM to drive performance of the service.
- Maintain situational awareness of latest cybersecurity threats, vulnerabilities and mitigation strategies.
The chosen individual will need to show strong evidence in meeting the following criteria:
- At least 3-4 years infrastructure experience (to a high level of understanding)
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working within an internal Information Security / Cyber Security position.
- Previous experience of working in a small team with a ‘turn the handle’ mindset.
- Self-starter attitude with a strong willingness to be ‘hands on’ across the business.
- Within at least an hours commutable distance of Milton Keynes.
- Have a blend of experience with ISO/IEC 27001 security and technical assessments.
- Experience of performing and owning all vulnerability and penetration testing across the business and reporting these findings to key business stakeholders.
- Be confident to advise senior management/CxO’s on essential security advice/policies
- Strong understanding of Office 365, Email Security and Security Infrastructure
- Team player and excellent communicator