Salary:£35000 - £40000
Our client is an award-winning communications solution provider. Who provide high quality, high speed and cost effective solutions to business clients.
Main Purpose of the Role
Database developer responsible for the ongoing maintenance, bug fixing and feature expansion of the current company Business Management Systems. These systems are primarily Microsoft Access applications with Microsoft SQL Server back-end databases.
- Helping to specify, and subsequently code, new features, or expanding on existing features within the company Business Management Systems and associated databases.
- Fixing bugs and errors found in the company Business Management Systems based on user reports.
- Developer will be responsible for keeping the bug tracking system up-to-date and documenting through to full resolution.
- Developing necessary integrations and improving / modifying existing database.
- Helping us draw up our road map for End Of Life of our current database and be a key advisor in the procurement and/or development of any future Business Management System.
The ideal candidate will show a desire to help improve key business performance metrics through their work on the Business Management Systems. They will also show a high degree of empathy with end-users, as a key element of this role is to improve the User Experience (UX), and thus business performance.
- Demonstrable experience of MS Access, MS Excel, Visual Basic for Applications, .NET and MS SQL Server.
- Experience working with complicated Access databases and SQL back-ends.