CTO – Managed Service Provider
Salary:£90000 - £110000
Our client are an award-winning managed IT services, cloud hosting, and IT consultancy provider – with a true focus on services (over 70% of their business). As a business they deliver solutions combining the best of industry leading technologies, specialist skills and capabilities.
As a business they aim is to focus on customers’ strategic and operational IT requirements, providing secure, cost effective services from a range of sourcing platforms: datacentre, private and public cloud.
Due to a recent acquisition & our client’s rapid growth they are looking for a commercially led CTO to join the team. The role will report directly into the CEO & general duties are to include:
- Lead the strategy for technology platforms, partnerships and external relationships
- Represent the technological agenda in board meetings and when making hiring decisions
- Identify, compare, select and implement technology solutions to meet current and future needs
- Develop, track and control the development of annual operating and capital budgets for purchasing, staffing and operations
- Manage and optimize infrastructure assets to satisfy internal financial targets
- Create overall technology standards and practices and ensure adherence
- Consolidate internal technology platforms and create plans for each
- Track, analyze and monitor technology performance metrics
- Oversee all system design and changes in system architecture
- Keep abreast of new trends and best practices in the technology landscape
- Take the initiative in thought leadership, innovation and creativity
- Work closely with Marketing, Business Development and Operations to define and deliver new products and enhancements
- Four direct reports (Line Managers who have reports)
- Manage key vendor relationships and sit on the board of those partners
The candidate must not only have clear expertise around our technology areas but also be able to hold their own in commercial conversations with key customers.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous experience of working for an MSP/ Cloud organisation
- A clear track record of success
- Ideally have progressed through the ranks
- Experience selling or customer focused would be beneficial.
- 3 to 5 years of experience managing a team