Business Development Manager – Corporate Enterprise
Salary:£50000 - £52000 + OTE
Our client is pro-actively driving its highly successful Visual Solutions business to the next level and as part of that journey, they are recruiting the position of Business Development Manager in their Enterprise segment, responsible for proactively acquiring new business to increase market share and revenue opportunities at every possible touchpoint.
You’ll have an excellent knowledge of selling IT equipment, ideally AV, into the target market and execute a tailored approach to win business for both short and long-term gain.
They do not currently sell “Direct”, i.e. as a B2B business. They sell all products via channel, and the Business Development Manager will liaise with end users, channel partners and the inside sales team.
In this role you will engage with other teams split by market segment including Healthcare, Corporate Enterprise, Security & Defence and Creative. The team is a mixture of office and field-based salespeople with this role reporting to Head of Sales.
You will be self-motivated and tenacious, working to achieve defined target metrics and supporting the sales pipeline in line with the overall aims and objectives of the Company.
Working as part of a Sales & Marketing structure, you’ll thrive in an environment of clear, continuous communication and collaboration and be able to successfully manage priorities and deliver results in a dynamic setting. You’ll embrace change, seek opportunities through curiosity and demonstrate a growth mindset.
New Business Sales 85%
- Striving to exceed quarterly and annual sales targets for new opportunities in new, existing and lapsed customers
- Proactively manage a pipeline of qualified leads, understanding requirements to enable a targeted proposal that will lead to the point of contract and revenue commitment.
- Maximise the contract value of all sales engagements, using the company product pricing policy
- Prepare, arrange and carry out high quality on brand presentations to new customers
- Continuously collaborate with the wider sales & marketing team to support the development of value propositions, bridging the gap between customer and delivery, ensuring that the delivery team have the information required for timely deliveries.
- Provide data led, and objective forecasting
- Working with the Lead Generation team by using your own insight and knowledge to build up a list of targeted prospective customers via industry news, LinkedIn and other networking / lead generating opportunities
- Self-generate leads when so required to complement those from the Lead generation team
- Hit KPIs such as customer meetings, call/email targets, pitches and price proposals
- Effectively manage regular outreach to further build relationships, understand continued needs and maximise ongoing revenue potential
- Ensuring the MS Dynamics CRM is always updated to ensure that wider teams have the necessary information to fulfil customer requirements
Team Support 10%
- Contribute and collaborate on ideas, opportunities and blockers as part of your immediate team and the wider group on topics such as passing leads, sharing information on market and pricing trends to dominate market share
- Provide ongoing constructive feedback to colleagues at all levels contributing to continual improvement and growth
- Support colleagues as needed through active listening and asking relevant questions
- Working proactively with your team to exceed team and group sales targets along with your own
- Keep up to date, accurate records of your activity so we can track activity against revenue performance
- Maintain an accurate sales pipeline and ensure that your customer dashboards are accurate
- Report any feedback from customers which may help guide the company’s business strategy
This position has a high level of daily contact with external customers
Key Internal Contacts
Sales, Marketing, Delivery, Development and Finance
Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
- A proven track record of success within a new business development role in IT, preferably from working as part of an AV business
- Preferably experienced in selling into the Enterprise segment
- Demonstrates a natural product mindset, offering value-add customer solutions.
- Skilled presenter, able to adapt approach to suit a wide-ranging customer base
- A relentless learner who continually demonstrates a growth mindset
- Business level language skills and cultural understanding of allocated market segment, able to converse confidently via telephone, face to face and via email
- Commercially minded, able to articulate and present solutions that demonstrate a clear value.
- Strong negotiation skills, responsive and creative in delivery
- Works well under pressure, able to make good judgements, decisions and meet conflicting deadlines
- Self-aware with the ability to actively listen and ask relevant questions
- Keeps on top of industry developments and trends and shares knowledge with wider teams
- Can negotiate and influence at all levels and builds credible external networks
- Is accountable – always
- Resilient and tenacious, able to work at pace and adapt to change
- Demonstrates a customer first approach and is proactive in resolving any challenge that they are faced with
- High attention to detail and level of accuracy
- Familiar with CRM systems, MS Dynamics experience is highly desirable