Salary:£35000 - £45000
The Bid Manager will assemble a bid team with the relevant service / product / business knowledge required to prepare a winning bid, whilst taking ownership of the end-to-end bid process. Responsibilities include introduction and implementation of all necessary bid procedures and processes. This is a highly networked role that requires an ability to work under pressure and to challenging deadlines. It will require strong people management skills in a dynamic sales environment.
Experience Proven capability in delivering winning, multi-million pound product or complex services opportunities. Ideally has a background in solutions and services and experience of bid campaign management from opportunity identification through to project delivery, and will provide valuable input into opportunity qualification, win strategies, commercial discussions and solution delivery.
Must be comfortable working at CEO / Director Level (internal and external customer). Will be fully conversant with the competitive marketplace. Sound commercial understanding, P&L, and risk management skills. Have the ability to manage complex, multi-workstream opportunities. Solid understanding and management of internal governance procedures.
Will have proposal management skill/experience and have experience of coordinating and updating a Content Management System.
- To manage the bid qualification process for new opportunities.
- Manage virtual bid teams and inputs from a variety of stakeholders, typically involving contributions from sales, marketing, product teams, finance, commercial, legal and delivery.
- Preparing and reviewing the commercial aspects of the bid, ensuring all services are included in the final price to the customer.
- Risk tracking and management throughout the bid process.
- Contributing to the written proposal – both in terms of content and presentation (such as preparation of a management summary).
- Manage the bid budget.
- Ensure timely delivery of compliant and commercially sound bids.
- Understand and resolve complex technical, strategic and business issues.
- Arrange all post bid reviews with customers, post contract award.
- Must be an excellent communicator, both verbally and in writing.