Account Manager – Physical Security
Salary:£90000 - £150000 + OTE
Our client is a leading global distributor of Network & Security Solutions, Electrical & Electronic Solutions and Utility Power Solutions. They help build, connect, power and protect valuable assets and critical infrastructures. From enterprise networks to industrial MRO supply to video surveillance applications to electric power distribution, they offer full-line solutions, and intelligence, that create reliable, resilient systems that sustain businesses and communities. Through an unmatched global distribution network along with supply chain and technical expertise, they help lower the cost, risk and complexity of customers’ supply chains.
Summary of role
This person maintains client relationships with key target accounts that have a major strategic impact on the long-term success of the organization. They will identify cross/up and repeat sales opportunities as well as work to resolve any issues or concerns to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Leads the development and execution of the Strategic Account Plans at key, named accounts.
- Continuously develops relationships with priority Customer Stakeholders, understands their key business issues, and recommends ways to deliver value.
- Liaison between the field and Global Accounts teams as it relates to pursuing new agreements, Value-Add/Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) commitments and increasing customer wallet-share.
- Maintains and manages a pipeline of Opportunities at named accounts, including Renewals, Projects, and Share improvement opportunities.
- Communicates Customer Activity, Opportunity Status, Renewal Status, and Strategic Plan progress to Manager/Director.
- Leads solution development efforts that best address customer needs.
- Engages Supplier sales resources to enlist their support and create solutions.
- Expert in strategic selling and takes the lead in high level sales engagements. Provides pre and post-call coaching to Branch sales team.
- 5 years of proven sales experience as a strategic account manager
- 5 years of experience as a key account manager/management of large account portfolios
- 5 years of experience managing multiple stakeholders and projects
- 5 years of success maintaining and developing key relationships
- Bachelor’s Degree – Sales, Business Administration, Engineering, or relevant field required
- Business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership techniques, production methods and coordination of people and resources.
- Ability to understand where potential exists in assigned accounts and can recognize and create opportunities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an aptitude for building strong client relationships.
- Strong negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Must be a strong collaborator across multiple business units
- Proficiency with CRM software and Microsoft Office.
- Self-starter and able to work efficiently under pressure.