Salary:£45000 - £50000
Does having a significant role in driving the communications strategy for a global tech business sound interesting to you?
Would you join a company that will invest in your career and help you develop your skills and knowledge that makes you feel valued? Then this opportunity might be for you!
We have an opportunity for a PR Manager to join our Marketing Team.
Based in our Uxbridge office, you will serve as the face of promoting and supporting the company’s business strategy through a coordinated communication approach. You will be responsible for working with the senior manager of brand & communications to design and implement a PR plan across EMEA.
If you’re an individual who has a passion for Technology, articulate, creative, with a strong journalistic background and can demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of PR in marketing and media communications would be well suited for this role.
- Support the Senior Manager Brand & Communications with the overall EMEA Public Relations (PR) strategy.
- Oversee PR content development and campaign delivery, ensuring content is available to be utilised across EMEA.
- Write comprehensive news stories and in conjunction with the Senior Manager Brand & Communications, approve any external press releases.
- Deliver a rolling plan of proactive PR aligned to organisational priorities, with a focus on long-lead features, news hijacks, and stories aimed at national/tech/consumer media.
- Develop and produce high-quality, informative, and interesting press releases, press kits, and related materials.
- Generate stories and publicity that promote the organisation.
- Ensure the newsroom page is up-to-date and accurate, and consider innovative and exciting ways to repurpose campaign content for PR.
- Organise media launches and opportunities to maximise the public relations opportunities of service launches, events, and conferences to make them newsworthy.
- Partner with external stakeholders such as partners and clients, as well as internal stakeholders such as Designers, Digital Marketing, Partner Marketing, and the wider Marketing team in order to ensure all PR activity is connected and intertwined with their activity.
- Build upon your own existing media contacts and develop positive relationships with the media.
- Assist the Senior Manager Brand & Communications with written comms – internally and externally facing.
- At least two years of work experience in either PR or journalism, with a focus on technology
- A self-starter, who isn’t afraid to think out of the box and find ways to hijack the news agenda.
- A self-motivated, enthusiastic, problem solver with excellent negotiation skills and the ability to move and influence people.
- A strong storyteller, self-motivated, and confident with both creative and technical abilities, able to work in a fast-paced environment under pressure.
- A fast learner who easily catches on with market trends.
- Experience of working within a globally diverse environment, showing an understanding of and keen interest in equality, diversity, and inclusion.
- A sharp news sense, a solid understanding of how the media works, and the ability to create and tailor content for a variety of print/digital and broadcast outlets.
- Demonstrates an up-to-date understanding of the media environment and how to engage journalists across broadcast, print, and online media outlets.
- Existing credible media relationships and an affinity for building positive and supportive rapport with journalists.
Uxbridge 1 / 2 days a week – Remote working the rest of the time.