Salary:£80000 - £100000
Looking to take the next step in your career? then look no further
Seeking candidate for a Pre-sales Engineer role for a web Security is a global leader in the cybersecurity sector.
Our cutting-edge software is used by over 51,000 paying users in over 13,000 organizations enabling them to secure the web.
We go beyond just selling software. Our educational and research output is used by millions of people globally to learn about web security.
We launched Burp Suite Enterprise Edition in late 2018, which has already won over 600 customers , and we are now looking for additional Technical Product Specialists to support further growth.
This is a varied and challenging role with huge learning opportunities, leading to potential career paths in product management, penetration testing, or technical customer service.
We are a fun group of people from a diverse range of backgrounds, who pull together to produce amazing outcomes for our customers. We achieve this by continually investing in and supporting our people, giving them opportunities to flourish in our supportive and collaborative working environment.
Our technical support team is the key liaison point between our software developers, customer success, product management, researchers, and customers.
You will be involved in a wide variety of activities, including:
- Getting hands on with customers to help them deploy our products in a variety of environments (cloud, on premise, CI/CD pipelines).
- Partnering with our customer facing teams to win the technical sale. We have well over 1,000 monthly trial users, many of whom are converting organically… and others who will buy with a bit of proactive technical support.
- Making the most of modern enterprise video communications to engage with customers to ensure they make the best use of our software.
- Collaborating with software developers to understand product features and to pass on insights into how they are used by our customers in the real world.
- Working with our Growth tribe to ensure potential customers maximize the use of product trials.
- Investigating bug reports, by attempting to reproduce, diagnose, and where relevant fix issues that people run into.
- Liaise with technical product managers to help prioritize software development work, championing the customer’s perspective.
- Communication. An excellent communicator, in both written and oral form.
- A clear and concise style, able to communicate complex technical concepts with precision.
- Ability to adapt communication style to a widely varied audience, from other technical specialists through to novices.
- Problem solving. A methodical thinker, able to pursue open-ended investigations into obscure problems, and carry out your own research to obtain relevant knowledge.
- Tenacious and conscientious, willing to persevere with a challenging task through to completion.
- Technology. A passion for technology in general, and an interest in enabling security through continuous deployment in DevOps.
- A fast learner able to absorb information about a very broad range of technical topics and apply knowledge to new tasks as they arise. Hands-on experience with AWS/Azure/GCP deployment.
- Customer service. An instinctively helpful person who takes pleasure in solving other people’s problems.
- A positive, can-do outlook, and a willingness to go the extra mile to delight customers beyond their expectations.
Salary: We pay excellent salaries above the normal market level, and this is always determined based on your individual skills and contribution – £8-10k of base is in stock options.