New Business Sales Executive – Cloud Vendor
Salary:£50000 - £60000 + OTE
Our client provides an award-winning hybrid cloud connectivity platform (PaaS) solution, with both the mechanism and resource support to adopt, develop and operate cloud, hybrid cloud and multi-cloud environments. They have won several awards & accolades since their inception in 2017 & they are now looking to aggressively grow in the UK market.
This role is purely new business. There is an SDR function within the business that will provide some qualified meetings from leads generated by marketing but this must not be relied upon to achieve or indeed exceed targets. The role is for a self starter confident seasoned sales person to find, qualify, manage and close opportunities. This person will be driven, a good qualifier, confident in asking and answering questions across all levels of an organisation, including C-Level and is confident working under pressure and in pressurised situations. Good listening skills and can build strong relationships quickly.
The sales executive will report to the CCO and will have an annual target which is aligned to the business’ objectives and long-term strategy.
Our client operates Salesforce CRM. The salesperson is responsible for the upkeep and recording of all communications and interactions with leads, prospects, opportunities and customers as well as presenting against the data in Salesforce at the weekly sales review meeting.
Commission is payable against Salesforce deals and is used as the single source of truth in terms of activities and performance management.
You are empowered to drive sales and deliver year on year additional revenue for our client. Commission is uncapped. This role is perfect for a salesperson who is hungry for success. Our client is a growing company and looking to build a great team that grows with the business. There will opportunities to move into a management position as the business expands for the right candidate
Accountabilities and Performance Measures:
- Generate new leads through prospecting activities to generate a strong pipeline. Industry standard is 3 to 5 x target
- Demonstrates industry and product knowledge (product training will be provided)
- Adheres to any and all company policies and procedures
- Makes sales appointments with prospects
- Works with the SDR’s to improve the quality of qualified leads and meetings generated for them by this team
- Own the relationship with a prospect from start to finish including all requirements for information, proposals, presentations or POCs to bring a deal to close
- Work with marketing to deliver better targeted messaging for different verticals to support sales endeavour
- Works with the marketing and product departments to develop new sales strategies and how to make them work
Minimum requirements for the role:
- Good Communication skills – Verbal, written and presentational
- Self-motivated and self-managing
- Has a minimum of 3 years new business sales experience
- Experience within the Telecommunications Industry, Cloud Services and/or SaaS sales (either sold to Telco’s or worked at a Telco preferably)
- Disciplined and structured
- Proven track record of sales target achievement
- Must have experience selling to C-Level contacts as a strategic sale
- Understanding and demonstration of 1 or more sales methodologies such as Miller Heiman, TAS, Contribution Selling etc